Estavayer le lac pictures: click here
photos and webcams
The most well known castle of Estavayer (of three castles) is Chenaux and was the last castle that was build in 1292 by the rulers of Estavayer. The Eidgenossen (the swiss armee) attacked in 1475 Estavayer and destroyed the three castles and robbed the city.
In the city live about 4000 people. The main part of the actual old city was build in the 17th century.
The old german name for the city 'Stäffis am See' is not used anymore. There is a frog museum, which was started by a officer of Napoleon around 1850 as a hobby.
The pictures (click here) of Estavayer le lac Switzerland have different formats. The photos have 800*600 or 450*600 pixels. The webcams have no standard.