Gruyeres pictures: click here
photos and webcams
Gruyeres is mentioned in 1144 for the first time in history with the name Grueria. The dukes of Greyerz ruled the city until 1554 when the went bankrupt. Gruyere lost in 1196 its market rights because of e fight with the bishop of Lausanne, in the 12th century they became there market rights back again.
There live about 1700 people in the city, the same number of people as in 1920.
In the village Pringy (belongs to Gruyeres) there is since 1969 a public cheese factory, where the production of Greyerzer cheese is shown.
The pictures (click here) of Gruyeres Switzerland have different formats. The photos have 800*600 or 450*600 pixels. The webcams have no standard.