Zug pictures: click here
photos and webcams
Before the year 1173, the city zug belonged to the Duke Rudolf II. of Lenzburg and his familie, who lived in the castle of Zug. In 1435, a complete street with 26 houses, collapsed into the lake of Zug. In 1887 this happened again with an other part of Zug.
The town has about 26000 inhabitants.
The cherry-rush (Chriesisturm), is a race with a wooden ladder. This race is because in old days, if the cherries were ripe, the bells of the St. Michael church were ringing. This was the start signal for the citizens of Zug, that it was allowed to take the cherries from the trees, with there wooden ladders in the fields.
The pictures (click here) of Zug Switzerland have different formats. The photos have 800*600 or 450*600 pixels. The webcams have no standard.